Are you a follower of this blog with experience in the financial services industry? Have you ever considered working alongside our team at PWL Capital Toronto?
We’re looking for a new Portfolio Manager Assistant to join our support team.
This position is ideal for a career-oriented candidate getting started in financial services. The successful candidate will assist the team’s lead advisors with a wide range of tasks, including cash management, account administration, generating reports for clients, and meeting preparation. This is primarily an administrative and support role, with only occasional contact with clients. However, it requires a basic understanding of financial planning and investing principles. Your responsibilities can evolve over time based on your skill set and career goals.
Responsibilities & Activities
- Respond to client inquiries and requests for information in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist lead advisors in preparing for client meetings
- Gather personal financial information for new and existing clients and input it into our financial planning software
- Prepare reports for clients, such as performance reviews, benchmarking, and tax summaries
- Handle cash management duties, such as setting up regular contributions and withdrawals, and sending funds to clients as needed
- Account administration, such as converting RRSPs to RRIFs and transferring funds between client accounts
- Track incoming transfers to client accounts from external institutions
- Execute trades in client accounts (once properly licensed to do so), under supervision of the portfolio manager
- Assist lead advisors with various support tasks as necessary
Qualifications & Skills
- Two years’ experience in the financial services industry or post-secondary education in finance or financial planning
- An understanding of passive investing and a commitment to this strategy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Detail-oriented and process-driven
- Highly motivated self-starter who can work independently
- Strong work ethic, maturity and commitment to excellence
- Securities license (or completion of the Canadian Securities Course) is an asset
- Completion of FPSC Level 1 Certification in Financial Planning (or its core curriculum) is an asset
About PWL Capital
PWL Capital Inc. and PWL Advisors are wholly owned subsidiaries of PWL Wealth Management Inc. PWL is a premier independent Canadian wealth management firm with offices in Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa and Waterloo. It employs more than 58 people and manages approximately $2.7 billion in assets. Canadian high net worth families entrust PWL to manage their investment portfolios on a discretionary basis and provide holistic financial advice.
PWL Capital Inc. is a broker dealer offering portfolio management and brokerage services and is an IIROC member firm. PWL Advisors Inc. offers financial planning and insurance products and is regulated in Ontario by the FSCO and in Quebec by the AMF.
Why work with us?
PWL Capital Toronto is a dynamic and high-profile team with a consistent process and a commitment to providing excellent service for our clients. Our business is growing steadily, and we have a lot to offer the ambitious candidate in terms of training and career development.
We will provide financial (and emotional) support as you pursue any courses you need to upgrade your skills and advance your career. This role can provide a gateway to obtaining the Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) designation and/or becoming a licensed advisor or portfolio manager.
This is a salaried role with the potential for bonuses based on performance.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.